A no-nonsense podcast about APIs, HTTP, service-orientated architecture, Internet of Things, etc.
We invited prominent Microsoft Azure evangelist, RESTafarian, and OpenAPI contributor Darrel Miller on to talk about all things OpenAPI. If you're new to the tool, curious about what all the fuss is about, or want to know what's new in v3, this episode is for you.
- 3 min - "Swagger" vs "OpenAPI"
- 6 min - It's an "Initiative", Grace!
- 10 min - Main differences between OpenAPI v2 and v3
- 13 min - Fluent operations
- 22 min - The main pieces of functionality in the works for upcoming OpenAPI versions
- 29 min - Bikeshed and improving the spec on the OpenAPI website
- 31 min - JSON Schema vs OpenAPI
- 40 min - AsyncAPI
Brett Florio and Luke Stokes from FoxyCart join Grace and Phil to chat hypermedia. Not pie in the sky "maybe talk", but how their clients actually use it, and the benefits it's given them.
Adam Kliment and Emmanuel Paraskakis from Apiary join Phil and Grace to talk about building API Blueprint, Dredd, and the recent take-over by Oracle.
Phil and Grace get started with a natter about reptiles, a chinwag about heavy metal, and a gossip about the office. Now you know who they both are, they get a little into GraphQL, and some of the joys of writing massive migration scripts to port data from one application to another.